Father Khalaf was in charge of the congregation from 1924 to 1953. He lived with his family on the “Waqf” where he used the big eastern room as a reception hall. When his family grew larger, he annexed two rooms from the Boys’ School to assure a more comfortable living place. Father Khalaf had a strong personality. He was a loving man who had a strong, musical voice that incited the believers to participate in the services. He always stressed on the importance of abiding the customs and traditions of the church.