- 250g crushed peeled or shelled wheat
- 250g dried apricots
- 250g raisins
- 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of cloves
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds, ground
- 2 teaspoons anise seeds, ground
- 10 tablespoons sugar (or to taste)
- 100g crushed walnuts
- 100g almonds (peeled, halved, soaked in hot water)
- 1 pomegranate, seeded
- Wash wheat and soak overnight. Drain, place in a pot and cover it with cold water just above the wheat. Bring to a boil until the wheat is tender. Drain the wheat and boil again in clean water.
- When it boils, reduce the heat and add the spices — cinnamon, fennel, anise and sugar.
- Wash raisins, dice apricots and add to the boiling mix. Boil for another 10 minutes or until the wheat and raisins puff up.
- Serve hot with almonds and crushed walnuts and pomegranate seeds on top.